Monday, April 7, 2014

Review: The Fall of Five by Pittacus Lore


Title: The Fall of Five
Author: Pittacus Lore
Series: I am Number Four series book 4
Genre: Young Adult, Supernatural, Sci-Fi

After their close call with the Mogadorians, the Gardes, John, Six, Marina, Eight, Nine & Ella, are staying in Nine's penthouse in Chicago. Finding a spot to hide in and having a little peace doesn't mean that fighting for Earth is on a standstill, as well. The Gardes need to plan there next move in fighting the Mogadorians. A group of alien kids could not take out a whole army that easily, even if most of them have super powers. However, now, running is not simply an option anymore. The Gardes plans to fight back, hard. 

To do this, they need to improve on their Legacies and work together to bring down their enemies and save the Earth. With the message from Five calling them and being reunited with their friends, maybe, they have a fighting chance after all. However, not everything is black and white in their world. 

Darn! I can't get over this book. The revelations! I'm going to have a heart attack. I need the next book!!!!!!!!

Though the story was pretty neat and interesting, I only gave it a 4 because not much happened. Other than the revelations in the last few pages of the book, I think the biggest thing that happened is with Adam, which is not even a part of this book. You could say I was a bit disappointed because most of what happened is all about relationship build-ups, Sarah & John (irritatingly), Six & Sam, Marina & Eight(FYI, these are pretty obvious so it is not spoiling). I just hoped they could have done something more in this book than just wait around.

On characters, Sarah and John are still pretty irritating so no change in that aspect. Though, I think John is getting better. Six is still wicked awesome but I need more of her. Marina is still same old same old but with some new Legacies. She is getting stronger though. I don't know why Marina is a permanent narrator when Six isn't anymore. Eight is just as adorable as ever <3. Nine is just as awesome, cute and kick-ass as ever. Ella is still not one of my favorites. Though, I don't really hate her. She is just bringing problems. For Sam, I like reading his narration because it's somehow a step further with Adam. I do hope Adam gets to be a narrator in the next book :). You could throw away John's narration, like what they did to Six (sadly), for all I care.

I'm not going to talk about the new characters. Some are douche bags. Some are great. I really can't wait to get my hands on the next book :)

PS: Read the 4-6 novellas first or The Lost Files: Secret Histories to understand this book better and make it way more exciting.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment