Friday, February 14, 2014

Review: Magic in the Shadows by Devon Monk


Title: Magic in the Shadows
Author: Devon Monk
Series: Allie Beckstrom series book 3
Genre: Adult, Urban fantasy (Witches)

Allison Beckstrom's magic has taken its toll on her, physically marking her and erasing her memories-including those of the man she supposedly loves. But lost memories aren't the only things preying on Allie's thoughts.

Her late father, the prominent businessman-and sorcerer-Daniel Beckstrom, has somehow channeled himself into her very mind. With the help of The Authority, a secret organization of magic users, she hopes to gain better control over her own abilities-and find a way to deal with her father...

- Goodreads.com

Like my previous review on this series, I've prolonged it too much for me to remember much of the series. First things first, this is way too long!!! I'm hating that fact. The story is starting to include her father more and more and I'm starting to really pity Allie's dad. I mean I don't think he is that bad. I really like the fact that Devon is showing more and more of Daniel. On the other hand, I think the story is becoming more and more complicated. This book is so full of complicated magic stuff that I don't want to read them anymore. I mean can you simplify them.

I'm also getting irritated with Allie repeating everything. Also, Allie is pretty useless here. She is not doing anything at all. I mean can't she hurry up and learn faster. The only really positive thing about this book is that Stone has arrived. I love Stone he is so cute. I wanna have a pet gargoyle. 

This is the first time that I've rated a series that is degrading in stars after ever book. 

Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment