Friday, February 14, 2014

Review: Magic in the Blood by Devon Monk


Title: Magic in the Blood
Author: Devon Monk
Series: Allie Beckstrom series book 2
Genre: Adult, Urban fantasy (Witches)

Working as a Hound-tracing illegal spells back to their casters-has taken its toll on Allison Beckstrom. But even though magic has given her migraines and stolen her recent memory, Allie isn't about to quit. Then the police's magic enforcement division asks her to consult on a missing persons case. But what seems to be a straightforward job turns out to be anything but, as Allie finds herself drawn into the underworld of criminals, ghosts, and blood magic.
-Goodreads.com

I've prolonged this review too much. I can't remember most of it. I'm just saying I'm sorry if this would turn out to be a very crappy review. I just didn't have the time to do it.


I think this series has a great plot and my hunch was right. It will all come back to Allie's father. The frustrating thing about this book is that it lacks exposition, meaning action or just keeping the dice rolling. The author is not really giving us that much. She keeps throwing us more questions without really answering anything, making it weirder and weirder. I just hope the author could cut to the chase and just give us some stuff already. 

The great thing about this book, like what I mention in my last review, is the memory alteration thing. It's super cool that it happened; I'm expecting more drama or something, like Zay trying to win her back. However, I'm deeply disappointed because Zay found the need to "protect Allie" so relationship not progressing. I hate guys like this. Stop being a tough ass. Though, he is really sweet in this book ^.^v. The other negative thing about the memory lost is that Allie doesn't learn anything. When her memory gets wiped out, she doesn't remember anything she learned so back to square one folks, which is a total bummer. 

Rating: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment