Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Review: The Final Warning by James Patterson


Title: The Final Warning 
Author: James Patterson
Series: Maximum Ride series book 4
Genre: Young Adult, Sci-fi

The "Re-evolution" is finally out but the flock's job is not yet done. The world still needs saving. However, the flock won't follow anyone's orders, even if they are powerful government officials, who looks down on them. To escape the adult drama, the flock is ship to Antarctica to do some research in global warming. However, a mysterious beast is out there killing creatures and people. Also, a  mysterious Mr. Chu has appeared and Max doesn't know how he fits in to the equation. 

I seriously don't know what to think. I was right to say that the author should have gone with 3 books and just ended it there. The book doesn't contain anything important.


The whole book was a mess. The author stretched a plot that isn't cut out to be a whole book. Nothing happened. The whole book could be just 1/2 of the book or even less for the progress they made. Now that I think about it, I don't even know what the whole idea or objective of the book is. Other than that, the answers in the last book were messed up again for the readers so they would continue on reading. The identity of the Voice was brought up and messed with. In short, the answers in the last book were all crap so throw them out the window everybody.

The enemy here is super lame. I mean the final battle isn't even a final battle; it's not a battle at all. I don't get how these people are getting these advance technology. I mean not everybody could do the robot thing in the timeline the author gave us. The world James Patterson created isn't that advanced yet to be able to achieve these kinds of technology. I mean if it's just one group fine but everybody is doing it and the world still doesn't know about it? Stupid much?

I think the only thing that improved here are the powers, which aren't that great. All of them are useless actually so ye, lame. Can't James think of better powers? I mean for Christ sake you are human birds. Some of them could read people's mind and all you give me is giving a blind boy sight when he is blinded by snow? Oh come on. The relationship thing is not going well, at all too.

Rating: 3/5 (I think I'm still too nice to be giving this book a 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment