Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Review: Archangel's Legion by Nalini Singh


Title: Archangel's Legion
Author: Nalini Singh
Series: Guild Hunter series book 6
Genre: Urban fantasy (Angel's Vampires), Romance

The Cascade is starting. An Ancient, Caliane, woke up from her Sleep. The Cadres are getting restless. Each one of them are getting more and more powerful. Lijuan could control the dead. Favashi could control the wind. Neha could control fire and ice. Raphael could heal. However, Raphael's power comes at a cost; he is more mortal than the other archangels. 

Elena Deveraux, the consort of an Archangel, is trying to get used to her new body and ability. However, even if she is stronger than a mortal, she is considered to be a baby in the immortal world and she is the weakness of Raphael. 

Elena needs to keep a grip of her emotions immediately because a threat is nearing New York, her home. The vampires, who are supposed to be immune to diseases, are dropping dead from a disease that they don't know about. Angels are falling from the sky. Defenses are down in the city but Raphael and Elena would not stop to save their city from the other archangels, no matter what.

I've finally read the book *shrieks*! I've been waiting for this book since last year. Sadly, I was delayed in reading the book because I had some problems getting a copy from our local bookstore the UK version. Can you imagine that after 3 months of waiting, they told me that the book is prohibited to be sold in the Philippines. WTF!!! I still need to ask my friend from Singapore to buy me a copy and I will be receiving it in December. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! I just got myself an ebook copy for now and am just waiting for the physical book to arrive for me to reread.

When I started reading this book, I thought I was going to cry. I've missed Raphael and Elena so much! I'm so happy that Nalini made a book for them again. When I was reading the first few chapters, I was smiling like hell and screaming in my head. I mean who could resist Raphael?! That person is freaking numb if she could. *sigh*

Ok, so this book is somehow the continuation of the 3rd book adding up a few minor details in the 4th and 5th book. Raphael and Elena are trying to work out their relationship in this book, making it stronger than ever before. Their pasts are shadows in their relationship that they managed to conquer together. In the synopsis, I thought this was more of Raphael's past but the majority of it is Elena's understanding and relationship with her family. Though a little less drama and hurt scenes, which is really disappointing, they are satisfying enough emotional traumas in the book.

The best part in this book, I think, is the ending. Nalini makes really awesome endings. The final battle was just super duper great and shocking. I was seriously jumping up and down while reading it. The battle was just vivid and exciting. The new power is something I didn't expect. I got a little disappointed with the no baby news though. I know. I know. It's my fault that I am getting ahead of myself but I just want to see the little baby Raphael and Elena. IT'S NOT MY FAULT! I wanna see a more motherly Elena, which she already is, a fatherly, protective Raphael and their cute baby angel. *sigh*

Considering the other characters, Caliane didn't really do much in this book. The relationship with Raphael's mom didn't really improve that much. Dmitri only appeared in the end during the battle and Honor wasn't shown. Jason, as always, was like a shadow but Mahiya wasn't shown too. Galen & Venom are not here. Sorry to the Venom & Galen fans out there. Illium showed more of his serious side, so great for you Illium fans. Aodhan is the star in the 7 for me in this book. I fell in love with this white angel. He kicked Illium out of first place as my favorite 7. He is just so cute and dreamy. This book also made me change my perspective of Naasir. I'm starting to get intrigued and interested with this character.

Next book is about Ash & Janvier. I'm so excited! Sadly, it isn't Raphael and Elena again. I'm going to repeat the series again <3

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment