Sunday, January 12, 2014

Review: Layers Deep by Lacey Silks


Title: Layers Deep 
Author: Lacey Silks
Series: Layers series book 1
Genre: Adult, Crime, Romance, Contemporary

Allie Green is, a cop, out to get her revenge on the man who ruined everything that she holds dear in her life and her answer comes in the form of Tristan Cross. Working for Cross Enterprises isn't a simple walk in the park. By taking the job, Allie is subjecting herself in more danger than her time in the force, both physically and emotionally. Allie will unravel things that she tried so hard to keep about her dark past and she can't let a man continue to distract her if she wants to stay alive in her line of work.

Tristan Cross has his own nightmares as well. He would need everything Allie Green has to offer to save someone else, and probably himself. 

I wasn't really planning on reading this book. I posted a blitz about the first book but didn't really bother to check it out. Now, the second book is nearing it's release date and I, once again, am hosting a blitz for this series. The excerpt that the host provide was just too good to resist. I been looking for a hot book that could give me a breather from my less than successful reading list for this year. Which is why, I immediately got myself a copy of the first book and I can say, great few hours of my life.


This book is intriguing, captivating, funny and, best of all, smoking hot. I didn't really expect this from the book. I thought this would be like Fifty Shades of Grey where everything would revolve around the sex but it didn't. I got really intrigued as to how the story was going to progress. Though, a bit fast paced, the events were seriously good, most especially the bad guy confrontation part. I would have asked for more from the author and less sex scenes but we can't have everything.

What seriously captivated me to the story is the background. I love the background of Allie, the pain and burden she is carrying. I mean a horrible background is one of the best attributes to a book. It gives a book more suspense and it toughens up the character. For this book, you could see that that dark past has not yet ended, which makes the wait so much sweeter. As for Tristan, I need MORE DETAILS about him. Though he is too good to be true, in a very exaggerated level, he is still a great character to love.

The really sad thing about this book is the D*MN Cliffhanger! Lacey Silks how could you do this to us T-T. I seriously can't wait to get my hands on the next book. I hope it would be just as good or better than this one.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment