Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Review: Laughing Corpse by Laurell Hamilton


Title: The Laughing Corpse
Author: Laurell Hamilton
Series: Anita Blake series book 2
Genre: Adult, Crime Urban Fantasy (Vampires, Weres, Witches)

Anita Blake is offered to raise a few centuries old corpse for a big fortune. This is not really a problem. Anita could easily raise a zombie that old but she will need a human sacrifice for it which is why Anita turned down the job. However, some people are just persistent in getting what they want, no matter what the causes are. 

On the other hand, families are turning up dead. A zombie is out rampaging on the streets and Anita needs to stop it before more people die. She tried to approach Senora Dominga Salvador, the famous voodoo priestess, for help but she only ended up forming more enemies. Anita will need all the skills she has in order to keep herself alive for this case. 

I really like this book. There is much more explanation and excitement than the first book. I'm really enjoying where the story is going. The investigation was really interesting and gruesome. I love how things are interconnected and how people are out to get Anita. I didn't really expect the connection of the cases. There is way more action in this book. Every chapter would not let you sit still. Also, Anita is more of a necromancer right now. Anita is learning more and more about herself and her powers. I take back what I said about the first book. Anita is one tough chick. I'm really excited as to how powerful she would get and what would she do with this.


I love how Jean Claude is making his move already but it's not enough. I hope they could just get together already and I need him to be a bit more heroic.

Rating: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment