Thursday, January 30, 2014

Review: Cursed by Destiny by Cecy Robson


Title: Cursed by Destiny
Author: Cecy Robson
Series: Weird Girls series book 3
Genre: Adult, Urban fantasy (Demons, Witches, Weres, Vampires)

Celia’s a girl in trouble. Her heart is bound to Aric, but he is a pureblood were who must deny her or risk condemning his species to extinction. And that’s just her love life. She’s also been called to take down a group of demon terrorists looking to overthrow the paranormal world. (No pressure.)

In order to bring them down, Celia must ally herself to Misha, the master vampire who has made no secret of his desire for her. And if that weren’t enough misfortune for one girl, a clairvoyant’s prediction could destroy Celia and Aric’s love for good. The only way to protect the world from unbridled supernatural terrorism is for Celia to bind herself to her destined mate. And that doesn’t appear to be Aric….

- Goodreads.com

I knew getting a copy of this book was a bad idea because I couldn't get anything done! This book has been sitting on my shelf for days and I can't stop trying not to ignore it. I just got to read the book! Even if I didn't manage to finish some stuff, this is totally worth it! I've been in love with Cecy Robson's series ever since the first book. I just can't help it. Action, hot guys, kick-ass heroine, I mean who could resist that right?

So my dilemma for this book is that I can't decide if I'm supposed to give it a 5 star or not. Don't get me wrong it's good. I think this is more of the shock of the ending. I don't know if I'm supposed to be happy, thrilled, frustrated, irritated or what so Cecy great job mixing up my emotions. Hahahahaha. What I want you guys to know is that this book is awesome and not for the weak hearted. Every step is just more and more actions and events that you wouldn't be expecting. It's just like one moment you're walking on the streets and suddenly you got hit by a car, without you realizing it until you're on the ground. I know wrong analogy but it's really like that. You won't know what hits you when Cecy is writing. Also, don't bother sitting  down while reading this book because by a few chapters you would be out of your chair jumping up and down. 

Now, on to a few details. I think the plot is going well. The events are not confusing at all. The threat on Celia's life and her butt kicking is so cool. The plot is really intriguing. Also, I love how Aric and Celia are coping up with their love life. For the record, I was expecting this to be a pathetic separation moment but it's not. Cecy managed to make the relationship not irritating so Yay for you Cecy. 

I told you guys in my previous review that I'm in team Misha.... now.... I'm in team Tye. Hahahahaha. I know it's confusing but this is all Cecy's fault! She creates too many hot guys! This is a great book to see another side of Misha that I'm sure Aric fans would fall for as well. I love the jealous Misha! He's so cute, most especially when it is directed at Tye. Though, still think Celia & Aric love team is totally fine. Cecy can't you make multiple Celia for each guy? Hahahahah. Kidding. Cecy is giving me a problem; I just can't decide which guy I want. 

I'm so excited for the next book but it's still to far away. This is just torture! Also, another superb cover from Cecy or who ever does it. (Cecy's been getting constant 5 stars from me :), except for the 0.5 novella, which I do not count at all)

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment