Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Review: Circus of the Damned by Laurell Hamilton


Title: Circus of the Damned
Author: Laurell Hamilton
Series: Anita Blake series book 3
Genre: Adult, Crime Urban Fantasy (Vampires, Weres, Witches)

Anita Blake has a new case in her hands and it is revolving around the vampires again. The vampires are fighting for the Master of the City position and others are getting caught up in it. Two master vampires are out to make Anita as their human servant and she doesn't want the position at all. Anita will fight to the end to save humanity and ensure her freedom and independence, no matter what the price. 

Anita is caught up in too much trouble for this book and the problem is that she is back to being useless again. She is not using or learning her necromancer mojo to keep herself alive. I mean you have the power then use it. This is a bit of a disappointment after the last book. Though I could seriously say that this book has a really great ending. I couldn't get the ending out of my head. The final scene, even though short lived, was seriously awesome and I love every single part of it. Also, I forgot to mention this in the last book, I'm seriously loving Edward and this book made me love him much more.



On the other hand, I don't see how Jean Claude is impressing Anita. He sucks at it. However, I love Richard. Their bantering is just so cute. Also, I hate Larry. He's such a pain in the ass.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment