Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Review: Being Kalli by Rebecca Berto


Title: Being Kalli
Author: Rebecca Berto
Series: N/A
Genre: New-Adult, Contemporary, Romance

"Kalli Perkins makes it a habit of shutting her mouth, except to please a guy. She would say she goes off like a starved animal in bed, but Kalli doesn’t have sex in beds. She does it in hallways, in parks, in parties. She comes as a package deal.
Great sex. No strings attached. Never alone together; always in public.

One night at a party, Kalli makes a bet with her friend, Nate, that could change everything. But she didn’t count on him. Nate’s very capable of satisfying her, not only under her clothes, but in her heart, too.

She just doesn’t know it yet."


I actually requested this book from the author and I just want to say to Rebecca Berto that I'm sorry the review is this late. I just can't find the time to read the book but I still thank you for giving me a copy. The synopsis of this book just captured me which is why I asked for a copy. I mean when you've read the synopsis weren't you curious on how this book would actually end? Well, I was.

First, as you could see in the synopsis, this book is HOT. 

Second, I love the background of Kalli! As you all know, I have a thing for horrible backgrounds of characters. Well, Kalli passed that one. I was at the edge of my seat waiting for something to happen with regards to her past. The sad part here is just that the author didn't dwell on it that much. I was waiting for the moment for her to get a breakdown or something. Well, she did have a small one but I want a more extreme one where Nate would be there to comfort her. The author didn't really show how Kalli overcame this "trauma" of hers. 

Third, I love the heart pumping climaxes. I love what happened to her mother by the middle and to Kalli by the end of the book. Rebecca surely ended the book with a bang. I was seriously jumping up and down because of all the excitement. 

The sad thing about the book is the sudden change of Kalli's & Mary's character. Nobody could change that fast. Also, I didn't like how Kalli ended up being the begging desperate type of girl. It just doesn't suit her at all. I just wished her witty smart mouth self was still retained, even if she doesn't sleep around anymore. 

Thank you Rebecca Berto for the book. I could only compensate for my lateness by giving an honest review for you book :)

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment