Monday, December 16, 2013

Review: Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris


Title: Living Dead in Dallas
Author: Charlaine Harris
Series: Sookie Stackhouse series book 2
Genre: Urban fantasy (Vampires, Shapeshifter, Nymph), Adult

Sookie Stackhouse ain't your ordinary waitress; she could read minds. Also, her current boyfriend is a vampire. However, these quirks seems to be getting her in a lot of trouble lately. Her mind reading made her quite useful to other vampires, most especially Eric, leading her to dangerous missions. Her association with vampires seems to get her killed all the time. 

After discovery the death of her co-worker, Sookie & Bill are tasked to go to Dallas to help look for the missing vampire there. The longer Sookie associates with the vampire the deeper she gets in and understand the vampire society. Also, her mind reading skill is put to the test and is improving. 

I started out really excited with this book. I've enjoyed the first book so much that I just got to read the second book immediately. It was exciting at first with the attack and mission but by the latter part I was getting really really confused. I don't really know what the Maenad had to do with anything. I don't really get the connection of going to Dallas with it. Also, I don't get the moment Bill had in the last book. I mean what's the big deal. On the other hand, it's really nice to see Sookie use her powers. It's really great that she's getting the hang of it.


The irritating thing about this book is how dense Bill could be. He has been less caring of Sookie. They continue on fighting because of him. I mean Eric is doing a way better job than he is. I seriously love Eric in this book, which I really didn't expect.

I just hope that the next book would get better.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment