Sunday, December 29, 2013

Review: Heartless by Gail Carriger

Title: Heartless
Author: Gail Carriger
Series: Parasol Protectorate series book 4
Genre: Adult, Historical, Fantasy (Vampires, Werewolves, Ghosts), Steampunk

Alexia Maccon managed to escape the attempts of the vampires on her life but she needs to give up her child to the vampires to stop the attacks. This isn't really the only problem in her hands. A ghost has warned them of an attempt on the queen's life. It is up to Alexia to solve this problem, even if she is 8 months pregnant. She may have to reopen her husband's past to solve this case and find the assassin.  

With the addition of her sister's new activity and Madame Lefoux's invention, her pregnancy gets better and better. 

I didn't really enjoy this book that much. I think I'm getting sick of the plot or something. I mean Alexia being pregnant is really fun when she is trying to solve cases but nothing really happened. A bit of revelation from here to there but not much. The author is lacking the excitement factors in her books. Also, I didn't really like where this book ended.


In addition to that, I didn't really like Alexia's sister's involvement. I seriously hate her. I wanna kill her already. I'm seriously wondering how Alexia is able to put up with her. Professor Lyall's revelation wasn't really that great as well for me. He is one of my favorite characters and he stepped down a few steps in my favorite ladder.

I'm sad to say but I can't wait to get this series over with. :(

Rating: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment