Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Review: Club Dead by Charlaine Harris


Title: Club Dead
Author: Charlaine Harris
Series: Sookie Stackhouse series book 3
Genre: Urban Fantasy (Vampires, Shapeshifters, Fairies, Witches), Adult

Sookie Stackhouse is a telepathic bar waitress and the girlfriend of a vampire, Bill. What used to be her great love life ain't that great these days. Bill has always been working on his computer the past few days. He's also been keeping things from Sookie. Bill left her some instructions concerning his work while he went to "Seattle". Sookie doesn't believe what he said one bit but she couldn't really stop him from doing a mission for the Queen of Louisiana.

Later, Sookie found out from Pam & Eric that Bill was missing. Also, Bill is planning on leaving Sookie with a big sum of money and run off with his past lover. Sookie can't believe what she is hearing. However, she needs to suck it up and at least try and save Bill from danger, even if he crushed her heart.

Now, she is out to find the vampire who has Bill but life keeps getting better and better for Sookie because now she has someone trying to kidnap her. With the help of Alcide, Bubba & Eric, Sookie would put herself in danger again for the person who doesn't really deserve her love.


So, I did a really really bad thing. I read all the synopsis of the books and I think I know the main structure of the series. No more surprises for me. Also, I didn't really like what I read. I've been contemplating whether to actually continue the series or not. I'm still trying to think about it but for now, I'll try to review what book I read from the series.


Going to the review, the plot didn't really sit well with me. First of all, Bill is a joke. I knew something was off with him in the past few books. He has this selfish side that you notice. What I hate most about a guy is a cheating dude and he is one of them! How could you do that to Sookie? Also, when you lose your old lover, you come crawling back to Sookie? Seriously, what's wrong with you?!

Second, I didn't really like the fact that this is a rescue mission for the guy. I mean he is a lying piece of sh*t. If I was Snookie, I would let him be. Men like that doesn't deserve to live at all. Also, he hurt Sookie and didn't even apologize or feel bad for it. It's all about my possession, blah blah blah. Sorry I'm ranting. Though, there are some plus side to this. Eric is becoming dreamier after each book.

I think what is bad about Charlaine Harris is that she makes pretty stupid guys. Bill is one of them, also Sam & Alcide, though I think he could still be saved. The good side is that Sookie is being a great gal. She is getting stronger and stronger. I'm actually continuing this series because of her. This is a real first for me. Most of the time I continue on reading because of the hero but I'm currently rooting for the heroine.

I just hope I still have the patience for this series.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment