Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Review: Changeless by Gail Carriger


Title: Changeless 
Author: Gail Carriger
Series: Parasol Protectorate series book 2
Genre: Adult, Historical, Fantasy (Vampires, Werewolves, Ghosts), Steampunk

Alexia Maccon found herself waking up to the yelling of her husband and his quick disappearance, without knowing what is occurring. Alexia later found out the there is a wide spread of momentary lost of supernatural powers in the heart of the city and it is Alexia's task to look for the cause of this problem, most especially when people are pointing fingers at her nature.

Alexia deciphered that the cause of their problems are heading toward Scotland, where her husband ran to fix family problems. Equipped with her new parasol and tiny entourage, Alexia makes her way for her husband's homeland, where she finds that someone is out to kill her and she doesn't really know which one of her entourage is behind it.

I believe my feelings for this book is fifty fifty. I love it because of the excitement of the story and I hate it because of the extras. I really enjoyed this story. I was quite intrigued as to how Alexia would solve this problem. However, her sister & friend ruined it a bit for me. I just couldn't stand both of their stupidity. They simply insult Alexia. If I was Alexia, I would have murdered them both already.



Other than that, I love how loving Conall is in this book. Though the ending is quite disappointing. Also, it would have been more fun if Conall had more part worrying about Alexia's condition.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment