Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Review: Blameless by Gail Carriger


Title: Blameless
Author: Gail Carriger
Series: Parasol Protectorate series book 3
Genre: Adult, Historical, Fantasy (Vampires, Werewolves, Ghosts), Steampunk

Cast out by her husband & pack, Alexia Maccon needs to prove her husband of her innocence. However, life just can't get easier for Alexia. The vampires are out for her head. She has been relieved of her duties for the queen. Her family has thrown her out. Lord Akeldama, the only person willing to help her, is missing. Alexia and her small group needs to get out of England and go to Italy to find out whatever they could of her baby.

Life is just not easy for a fine lady, when you are on the run and taken prison by a church. It is up to Alexia and her parasol to get away from this little mess

I didn't really like this book that much because seriously I pity Alexia. I wanna punch Conall in the face for what he did and didn't do. For, like, one third of the book, he was drunk senseless which makes him a useless character. I pity the Professor for he is the one handling everything for his Alpha. I just couldn't believe Alexia is pregnant. She is not even showing signs of her pregnancy. I sure hoped she did to make the story far more interesting.

 I did find this book a bit too dragging which I think is the problem for almost all the books. I also think this book is a little bit waste of time. Nothing really happened. Alexia just went to Italy to know that her baby is a "soul-stealer" and that's it. The fight was also short lived.

Rating: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment