Monday, November 4, 2013

Review: Dayhunter by Jocelynn Drake

Title: Dayhunter
Author: Jocelynn Drake
Series: Dark Days series book 2
Genre: Urban fantasy (Vampires, Werewolf, Faeries, Witches & Warlocks)

After discovering that the naturi is planning to break the seal, the fight has began once again between the naturi and nightwalkers. Mira is the key to opening the seal and destroying the naturi. In her quest to save her people, Mira discovers that not everything she believed in is true and the people she trusts are not who they seem to be. She is the ultimate weapon to defeat the naturi and Mira doesn't know how to prevent them from using her. 

Still following the order of the Coven, Mira and Danaus went to Venice, the domain of the nightwalkers. However, it seems that nightwalkers are not the only beings in their "haven". Naturi and werewolves are lurking in the shadows. Someone is up to something and they are using Mira and Danaus as baits. Mira needs to find out what the members of the Coven are planning to do before she falls into their plan again. Could she really save her race from the naturi?

I wasn't really thrilled that much in this book. The book lacks some great climaxes. Don't get me wrong there are climaxes but they are not heart-pumping. I mean who faints at the last second of a seriously big fight. Hayzz. Disappointing. Though, the plot was quite nice. Most of the book covers vampire politics which the author never got the chance to explain in the first book. Even if it lacks the thrill, the book is still interesting enough on its own.


I'm don't know why but sometimes the author frustrates me with what she is doing to Mira. Every book she gets more problems. If I'm Mira, I would seriously drop everything and just don't care anymore. I mean how much more could she take. I really pity her. She doesn't really have anyone to open up to. Everybody around her is just lying. By the way, I was wrong about her relationship with Danaus. It is progressing much much slower which I think is quite awesome because it's more realistic. Also, more revelations on Mira's past in this book. Friends appear. Families are formed. Old enemies are hunting her. More people dying.

I think the upside in this book are the new characters. I love most of them. They are just freaking cute and awesome. Down side not much progress with her powers. I wish Mira would get cooler powers.

Rating: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment