Monday, October 21, 2013

Review: This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Title: This Side of the Grave
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Series: Night Huntress series book 5
Genre: Urban fantasy (Vampires, Ghosts, Ghouls), Romance

Cat and Bones are out to investigate if there are more rumors concerning Cat turning to a half-ghoul. Appollyon still hasn't back down from his accusations for Cat. He won't wait another hundreds of years to start a war between the ghouls and vampires. 

Cat with her group needs to stop the war from happening. However, she has other pressing matters to attend to. Her mother is training to be part of her former team and her uncle chooses to die rather than live his life as an immortal. Also, controlling her new powers seems harder than it seems.

Not that good but better than the last one. I didn't really feel much reading this book. Ya, I still can't manage to put it down but that's just it. The story didn't captivate me that much at all, unlike the first few books. I was so hoping for more of Cat's powers and how she could control it but she herself is still so freaked out by her new gift.



Another thing is that, there ain't much progress to the story. Bones and Cat aren't even together much and the whole thing just moved too slowly for me. Also, it somehow lacks a good flow.

PS: Sorry for the short review. I just got this from my Goodreads account so this is my very first review and impression of the book.

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment