Monday, October 21, 2013

Review: One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost

Title: One Grave at a Time
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Series: Night Huntress series book 6
Genre: Urban fantasy (Vampires, Ghosts, Ghouls), Romance

Cat and Bones has a new problem in their hands, after master vampires and ghouls, now they have to stop a ghost. Heinrich Kramer a witch executioner back in the old age is still out hunting "witches". Every Halloween, he can materialize in human form then he kills 3 women. 

Just after the encounter with ghosts, Cat can't seem to get them out of her hands with her new borrowed power. Kramer has been attacking Cat ever since she forcefully summoned Kramer to investigate. Now, Kramer is looking for his next 3 victims, again and only Cat and Bones could stop him.

Still a bit disappointing. What I think about this is that the author is just going way overboard.
It seems that she doesn't wanna bore her readers so she comes up with these weird ideas, like the ghoul, dreamsnatcher, and now ghosts. I think if she just sticks with vamps it would not really come out weird and trying hard. (by the way, I think the next one are humans) This ghost hunting thing is just way out of the league of Cat and Bones. I mean guys, stop snooping where you're not a part of. Also, Bones and Cat didn't even do much action in this book, well, because they can't even punch their enemy. I think it would be so much better if the author just concentrates on trying to improve their powers, like how can Cat use her powers to an advantage.

Ok, moving on to the good sides. I LOVE BONES HERE! He is the prefect protective husband. Try bad mouthing his wife and he will bitch slap you to hell. He is just so cute that no matter what happens to Cat, he still loves her no matter what. And you can't even separate the 2 of them >.< The only down part to this so called romance is that Vlad is not here! WHY! Good thing Vlad has his own book ^.^v Though giving Ian one is something I look forward to as well.

I can't wait for 2014.

PS: I just got this from my Goodreads account so this is my very first review and impression of the book.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment