Monday, October 21, 2013

Review: Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Title: Halfway to the Grave
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Series: Night Huntress series book 1
Genre: Urban fantasy (Vampires, Ghosts, Ghouls), Romance

Cat, a half vampire and half human, stalks the night to kill vampires that ruined her mother's life. She goes to clubs to pick up some vampire and kills them off. This is her normal routine. However, when she met Bones, everything didn't go according to plan. Bones isn't just any vampire. After being caught, Bones offered Cat a deal to work as her partner, provided that he will train her. Cat, choosing between death or the deal, became his partner. However, it seems that killing vampires isn't the only thing that would tie her up with Bones...

I don't really have much to say except that this book is SO AWESOME! I wasn't really planning on reading this series because of the weird cover and the bad synopsis but I'm really glad that I gave it a shot.



The good part in this book is that not everything is predictable. Well, mostly, they are but you get the point. Even though, the author has a problem from jumping from one scene to the other, like after one week, after 5 days, etc., everything ties up. There is practically no dull moment in this book. The fights are super great and the romance is super hot. I just can't stop rereading this book!

So for the characters (the most favorite thing I talk about).
I love Cat here. She is super kick-ass. She is super cool that a few weeks of training could actually do that to her. She ain't dumb like most heroines. The only bad side about Cat is her attachment to her mom. If I was Cat, I would have gutted her in the first place. Though, I love my mom cause my mom isn't really like that.

As for Bones. I know his name is weird but I prefer this one than Crispin - Noli Me Tangere's Sisa is screaming "Crispin! Basilio!" in my head over and over when I read that name :)). To Filipino readers out there, I think you understand the pain of it. Bones isn't your typical Hot Vampire. He is quite a jolly dude, not the emo brooding type which is totally fine. Though, it was kind of weird when it's your first time reading it because of the vampire stereotypes. Also, because of him, I totally like Brits now >.< I find their accents so HOT.

I love this series for the action and romance. One of the best series I've ever read!!!! Truly fitted for 6 stars (MIND BLOWING!)

PS: I just got this from my Goodreads account so this is my very first review and impression of the book. I just modified some parts

Rating: 6/5

No comments:

Post a Comment