Friday, October 18, 2013

Review: Face Off by Mark del Franco


Title: Face Off
Author: Mark del Franco
Series: Laura Blackstone series book 2
Genre: Urban fantasy (Faeries)
Status: Series Ended

Laura Blackstone is back from vacation and ready for action once again. She is a druid that could change her appearance and works undercover. She is Laura Blackstone, the public relations director of the Guild and Mariel Tate, a hot Old fae who works case for InterSec. 

Laura managed to prevent the Legacy Foundation to send rocket launchers. However, she doesn't know what they are planning. It is again the work of Laura Blackstone, with the help of Jono Sinclair, to infiltrate Legacy, with another persona, to find out what they are planning. Laura will find out that Legacy isn't just a terrorist group. They are doing something much bigger and Laura doesn't know if she could solve the case before everything is too late. 

On the other hand, Draigen,the underKing of the Inverni and Terryn's sister is visiting the United States and it is her job to protect her from the assassinations. However, she couldn't do her job when the people she is working with are the possible suspects. She has to do all 3 of her jobs when Terryn is on leave and when she is worrying about Cress' kidnapping. Life just ain't easy if you are living 3 of them, most especially when you have to choose between your friends or the rest of the world.

The story idea just never fails to amaze me. I'm incredibly happy I stumbled upon this book in the bookstore. It is really something you should read. It's not a perfect book that would receive a 5 or 6 stars from me but it is a must read.
I had a bit of a problem with the plot. I think it was mostly my fault. I don't really have a knack for mystery or crime books. I'm not into those books. I'm more of a straight forward type of person. The plot was very much twisted, for me. There were a lot of evidences that leads to dead ends and there were too many parties included in the whole scheme. It's not that it is bad or anything; I'm just too impatient to wait for the answers. However, this book is still great. You could totally see how the story progresses. The author doesn't jump from one thing to another which is totally awesome. Though, I still think the first book is better.

The characters were seriously awesome. Laura is forever a kick-ass chick. Jono is so cute as well. They make a great team. Too bad, not much were revealed about the two main characters, like their past or something.

I'm so sad that the author won't continue this series anymore. I want to know more about the characters and what happens to Laura's and Jono's relationship. I want to find out how Laura will let everything go to find what she wants in life and to know who she really is. WHY!? STILL SO MANY QUESTIONS AND EXPECTATIONS!!!! NNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!! You can't do this to me Mark! This series was so much fun but it's heartbreaking to see it end. *sniff*

PS: I'm expecting the cover for this book to be Mariel Tate and the first one to be Laura Blackstone. BTW, Mariel really is HOT. I love this cover, with her tight suit and everything.

Rating: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment