Saturday, October 12, 2013

Review: Crimson Wind by Diana Pharaoh Francis


Title: Crimson Wind
Author: Diana Pharaoh Francis
Series: Horngate Witches series book 2
Genre: Urban fantasy (Shadowblade, Sunblade, Faery, Witch, Angels)
Status: On Stand-by

After the devastating attack on Horngate, Max is trying her best to get everything back together. She is down by a lot of her Shadowblades, her home is a total mess & Giselle is in no good condition at all. However, she could not do anything if someone is messing with her in her dreams, namely Scooter. Scooter is trying to get his end of the bargain, after helping Max. They both agreed that Max would be his after she saves her family. As a gift from Scooter, he showed Max what is happening to her family's homeland. They are being engulfed by a fog that consumes anything in its path. Max has no choice but to leave Horngate and Giselle, as they are, and go straight to her family. 

Still not being able to gain the trust of the people around him, Alexander was tasked to go with Max. However, even if he wasn't asked to go, nothing will stop him from being with Max, most especially now when 2 prophecies are suggesting Max's nearing death. He would do anything to prevent the prophecies and he would stop at nothing to make Max realize that she wants him. 

The author is back on track! I'm so happy for the author because she managed to crawl out of her grave after the first book. Though, I wasn't really psyched on reading this book anymore.

I really don't have any problems with this book. It has a great story and some good fight scenes. The characters finally have a solid personality. Max is not so overly mysterious anymore and Alexander is acting like a Prime. The angels are great and cute but I'm just not feeling the series anymore. I think a big part is how the first book disappointed me. It seems to be beyond saving for me. The story is great and interesting but I just can't push myself to continue. I even stopped reading half way and read a new book because I was super bummed out. I think this book just lacks the excitement or the "omph" that I'm looking for.

I'll put this book on stand-by to see if I'm going to continue it.

PS: Sorry for the short review but I'm just mentally and emotionally blank right now. I can't remember parts of the book anymore.

Rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment